With a new year comes new resolutions….
I’m sure we all have similar goals – eating healthy, exercising, taking care of our bodies, organizing, etc., but it can be hard to stay enthusiastic about these goals throughout the year.
Since my last birthday, I have been trying to create a beauty regimen that works for me and is easy to maintain. With our wedding only 4 months away (where did time go?!) I am diligently prepping my skin, hair, and nails to be in their best shape. Today I wanted to share what I’m doing to prep for April, and something I will continue to for the rest of 2016 and for years to come. If you’re looking for recommendations please feel free to email me or comment below!
1. Face mask – I’ve been using GlamGlow Youthmud every other night and I love it! It was a little pricey (although I received it as a Christmas gift) but I plan on buying it when this tub runs out. I have very, very sensitive skin so many products do not work for me. I will say that this mask tingled as soon as I put it on but cooled off within minutes. It smells great and keeps my skin so smooth!!
2. Night cream – The First Aid Beauty line was sent to me months back and I have been using all of the products religiously ever since. My skin does not break out in an allergic reaction (phew!) the ingredients are free of harsh chemicals, fragrance free, and super soothing. At night, I use this cream (which has a thick consistency, not good for daytime!) and I wake up feeling refreshed, hydrated, and my skin is noticeably plump. Sometimes I will swap it for this one so my skin doesn’t get too used to one product!
4. Biotin – I’ve been taking biotin for years now (when I remember). It makes the biggest impact on my nail growth and strength.
PS. If you ever have annoying pimples, this is my favorite product for zapping them overnight!!
5. I switch off between Oribe Bright Blonde and TRESemmè Moisture Rich Shampoo + Conditioner. In the past year my hair has become noticeably healthy and has grown at least 5 inches (which has been my goal for years now)! I switch between the two so my hair stays bright and doesn’t get too used to a single product.
6. Wet Brush – my lifesaver! My hair is sooo tangled at all times. This has cut down my brushing time, doesn’t rip out or break my hair, and is not painful (AMEN!!!)!
7. Oribe heat protecting spray- When I do blow dry my hair, which is not that often, I spritz this on to protect my strands from the heat. It smells amazing and leaves my hair shiny but not weighted down.
8. Neulash – another Christmas gift that I was so excited about! Since this is new, I’ll make sure to do a review in the coming months. Stay tuned…
9. I had to quit doing gel nails because it made my nails thin and weak. I have switched to polish (faves are butter London and Essie) and use this to remove my polish. I haven’t decided what I want to do for my nails yet for the big day. I’m thinking something timeless but fun! I’ll keep you posted 🙂
Drinking more waters key to overall health. I try to drink a liter a day!
Shop the products below:
If you have any tips, product recommendations, or personal advice please comment below!! XO