I simply cannot believe how fast time is flying by! Baby Murphy is now three months old and changing and growing everyday. It is so much fun to watch him learn and pick up on new things. He is already looking like such a big boy and wearing size 6-9mo. While I am definitely no pro, I do feel that I now have a hang of this whole motherhood thing!
I was so incredibly fortunate to receive tips and advice from other amazing mommas out there to create my own baby registry (you can view it here); however, I was still very unsure of what items would actually work best for us until Murphy arrived. Babies are all so different in their likes, wants, and preferences, and you really can’t know until you try! It has now been three months (!!!) and I can confidently share my most used and loved products from my Walmart baby registry. I’ve been recieving so many questions from friends and readers about what items are really worth it since starting to prepare for a baby from scratch can be quite an expensive endeavor. I have truly enjoyed helping my friends (and sister!) with their baby registries so I thought this info may be very insightful! All of the items can be found on Walmart and many of them at an incredible prices!
My Top 10 Baby Registry Must Haves
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer
- By FAR the best item I registered for! I had heard great reviews on this bouncer but once again, did not know how it would work for my baby. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this chair, but let me highlight the top attributes. It is SO portable! It folds down to flat to make storage or travel a breeze and remains super lightweight. It has three different height settings so it can grown with your child. It holds up to 29 pounds (about 2 years). We take this with us everywhere! To my parents and in-laws every time we visit, on trips, and to and from different rooms. For instance, when we are cooking in the kitchen he can be watching in the room with us or he can sit and play in the BabyBjorn Bouncer while I fold laundry in the laundry room. It has a wonderful design that allows the baby to bounce themselves as they kick their legs and move their arms – no batteries needed. While this is on the pricey end for a bouncer, I highly recommend it! You can also read the many other wonderful reviews on Walmart here.
- Halo Bassinest
- If you decide that you would like your baby to sleep in the room with you during the early months of infancy, the Halo Bassinest is a wonderful option. It rotates 360 degrees and swivels making it easy to get the baby in and out. It has mesh sides for breathability and provides a safe space for the baby to sleep in your room, if you choose. With the Halo Bassinest I also recommend picking up the waterproof mattress pad and Halo Sleepsack (or two!).
- Freddie the Firefly
- We do not go anywhere with out Freddie, aka Murphy’s best friend. He lights up every single time he sees Freddie and has so much fun watching him ‘fly’ around. Nothing makes him happier or laugh harder than this toy. Freddie the Firefly has many colors, sounds, and features like a teether, rings, and little mirror.
- Diapers + Wipes
- Diapers were one of the number one items that I didn’t know what brand would work best for us. As I mentioned in my last baby registry post, we decided to try out a few different ones such as Pampers, Honest, and Huggies. Huggies have been the best for our family, but at the end of the day it is all about having plenty on hand. Boy, do diapers go quick! I love ordering mine from Walmart (and using the NextDay Delivery option) in the largest quantity so I don’t have to worry about running out. I do the same for wipes and use these Water Wipes (here is the largest box).
- Honest Shampoo + Bodywash
- Honest has become a favorite brand in our house from the baby shampoo + body wash to their beauty products. We use this for bath time and it smells amazing! We also use the Honest baby lotion, diaper cream, and hand sanitizing spray.
- Kiinde System
- I was unsure how pumping was going to go but am so happy that I registered for the Kiinde system. It allows you to pump directly into these pouches and store them in the freezer on a rack (included in the gift set). The milk can easily be warmed in the milk warmer and then made into a bottle with the attachable nipple and bottle pieces. How easy is that?! It has been so nifty to have and creates less of a mess!
- Basic Onesies
- These are a necessity with a newborn! While I love dressing him up in adorable outfits, basic onesies are great for everyday use. Plus, you will not care if they get dirty! We use these after bath time, as pajamas, and when we are just spending time at home. The basic onesies come in a pack of 5 for $8.50 – you can’t beat the price!
- Our DockATot is definitely one of the most amazing gifts we received. Especially in the early days when all he did was sleep, this was a great docking station so he could be in whatever room we were in and snoozing comfortably. He still takes naps in the DockATot to this day. It is another easily portable item that we can take with us to friends houses or outings when we know there will not be a crib for nap time.
- Burp Cloths
- Burp cloths are another baby registry item that you cannot have enough of! It is always nice to have one with you, in other rooms, and in the diaper bag. Since they get spit up on they are constantly in and out of the washing machine making extras very necessary.
- Baby Monitor
- The Nanit is a wonderful baby monitor for so many reasons! It mounts over the crib so you get a great birds eye view of what is going on in the crib (with all of the cords safely tucked away). There is also a speaker built so you can talk or receive alerts on your phone that will let you know about movement or temperature issues. This monitor is wifi equipped allowing you to view the crib on your phone from anywhere. Along with temperature and humidity sensors, the Nanit also has a sleep tracking analysis. If you are worried about it being on your phone and wanting to use other apps, etc. the Nanit has background audio listen in so you can always hear what is going on.
Shop Walmart Baby Registry Picks:
Are you ready to start your baby registry with Walmart? You can do so here! It’s so easy to do and they even have personalized item list for you based on a quick survey to get to know your preferences. Please feel free to comment or email me any other questions you may have. I’d be happy to help you get started!
*Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post! All thoughts, opinions, and purchases are my own.